Sunday 11 March 2007

Gin In Teacups.....I bloody wish.

I hate the start of spring. Today I had a rather degrading two hours that involved me wearing a blue waterproof down to my knees, with the hood up and floppy sleeves; I looked like a very small trainspotter who shops at Matalan. If that’s not bad enough, I was standing on top of a ladder holding a pressure washer screaming “DON’T TURN IT ON YOU WANKER! I’M GOING TO DIE!”


I’m not a girl that’s afraid of heights, but there’s something about ladders on a hill when you’re about to spray a roof about a foot in front of you with something they use to stop riots that makes me feel a little edgy. In fact, even the image of mowing down Americans didn’t make me feel better about my scenario. So there I was with the washer, spraying green moss in all directions in a manner of chaotic British-ness and all I wanted was a cup of tea, not to end up an hour later wet and angry and still obsessing over the fact that the damn thing isn’t even clean. I’m not a Fascist or anything for loving my nation; only that I listened to the Libertines a lot today.


To think, today I was planning to go underwear shopping. There’s a new dress I’ve been planning to buy that would look awesome with a pair of white stockings; and I could do with a new bra that doesn’t feel like it’s been laid with cement or makes me look like a London hooker. I love stockings….


Whilst I’m on a role, may I just mention the fact that the first bit of meat I’ve eaten all week happened to taste really, really odd. (I’m not counting the chicken korma yesterday, by the way. That hardly counts as eating and more ingesting if you’re busy watching Fawlty Towers and being anti-social) It wasn’t odd because I’m supposedly a vegetarian- if one that’s a little disloyal and cheating - but because I’m not used to Sunday lunches. I’m used to Monday’s half-assed takeaway meals, yet I seem to be organized this weekend what with all the revision post-it notes and the like.


I was meant to get a new lipstick as well….damnit. I wnt something pink, also a new eyeshadow if I can be bothered to actually look for one. In fact, I need new foundation whilst I’m there; and I would very much like a Babyshambles album.


I need a job.


X Six Days x

No comments: