Thursday 4 January 2007

Boredom Smells Like Teen Spirit

Listening to grunge at night before I go to bed (that's about 1am GMT) is perhaps not a good idea after a day totally wasted. Not that there's anything wrong with grunge, it's just that I'm in that sort of mood. Today my day consisted of laundry, taking down the 'leafery' (as my dad calls it) that I put up over Christmas and ate my body weight in shortbread. I also felt the urge to shout at people for bothering me in my time of doing nothing, so the conclusion must be reached that I am in a grunge sort of mood.

Being in a grunge sort of mood, I can now denounce that I have almost nothing useful to say, apart from reiterating that I am, in fact, wasting a large proportion of the last part of my day blogging about doing nothing and being in aforementioned grunge mood. If that's not wasting time, then what is?

I shall tell you what is: Marlon Brandon's law suit. It was settled today, the US apparently forgetting that he's dead. As dead as Kurt Cobain As dead as Courtney Love's career. Oh, and do you know what else is wasted? Resources and money; Dubai, for instance. That's a whole lot of Pointless in the amount of money they spend on rather silly flashy things. For instance, they have spent billions of dollars to built a gigantic snow dome in the middle of a desert. To quote an email I recived today: "Do you know why it costs £1.oo for a litre of petrol? So they can ski in the fucking desert!" It's so true.

On that note, I almost feel better about wasting my day staring at a brick wall. At least I'm not killing the world just because I want to build a giant shopping mall. Just, you know, for the hell of it.

No comments: