Thursday 4 January 2007

A Moment To Obsess

I've decided that Donny Tourette is to win this year's Celebrity Big Brother. Okay, so he's not the perfectly cheerful housemate, but he's a lot more interesting than a footballer's wife. Is that what society has been resorted to? She looks like a Britney Spears wannabe, for a start. Oh, and the guy from the A Team? Come on! Every year we get some model, failed singers and people that screw footballers to get to their status of 'fame’. I believe Towers of London are a damn good band and their ambassador to the world of punk rock and roll should open a few eyes. Plus, he looks damn good in those trousers....*squee*.

My moment of obsession over, I should point out that I'm a terribly lazy person; as well as an obsessive person. Alright, so I'm not watching figure skating on YouTube, but I'm still hooked on at least three different series starting this week. If Celebrity Big Brother means I get to watch Russell Brand more, so be it. They say television has gone downhill, but I believe that's just not true: If the crap was taken away, how else could I highlight my Wednesdays than by settling down with ice cream and Desperate Housewives, the phone poised next to the sofa to ring various friends during the ads? And they say I'm callous and jaded...

On the subject of obsession, actually, I should explain the reason I didn't post an entry up yesterday (Laziness is usually not an acceptable excuse, dear readers): I re-discovered the new album by Alkaline Trio and spend the evening either yelling about it to anyone that would (or wouldn't) listen, or falling in love with it. The obsession, my excuse is, came from watching my computer run some stupid scan for three and a half hours and have nothing better to do than start reading lyrics in the booklet. Worse still, I found a demo version my ex-boyfriend found and gave to me as a present when we were dating − that led to more music appreciation of the genius of aforementioned band.

Music appreciation considered, Donny Tourette should be considered with the same respect as most rock and roll icons, as I also obsessed over his band, the Towers of London, a while back and I am somewhat thrilled that soon I will not be the only person to lust of his rebellious image.

Just for the record, Shameless is much better than Lost... I shall explain this, especially those who are obsessed with the lead male role, whose name I should remember lest it cost me my limbs, at a later date. Right now I shall sign myself into some forums and explain to the general public why Ken Russell is not an ‘eccentric’, but a scarily old guy in a horrifically frightening shirt; famous director or not. Most likely not.

No comments: